Last Revised: June 9, 2018
When this policy mentions “Mom ‘n’ Pop Shop” “we”, “us”, or “our”, “MnP” it refers to Mom ‘n’ Pop Shop Marketing Ltd. We are a Canadian company currently offering services to companies and individuals based in Canada and the United States only.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information we collect
- How we use information we collect
- Sharing and disclosure
- Your rights
- Contact us
1. Information we collect
There are two general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give to Us
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the MnP Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Your Profile. To use certain features of the MnP Platform (such as creating a profile or Proposal) we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Payment and Identity Verification Information. To use certain features of the MnP Platform, we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect
When you use the MnP Platform, we automatically collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the MnP Platform. This may include:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the MnP Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Talent, Proposals you have made, and other actions on the MnP Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information. We collect information related to your payment transactions through the MnP Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us.
- Analytics and Reporting. Please note that we use Google Analytics. There is more information about how Google collects, uses, and processes data here.
2. How we use Information we collect
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the MnP Platform, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the MnP Platform
- Enable you to access and use the MnP Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with others on the network.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the MnP Platform and experience.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, and account notifications.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Verify or authenticate information provided by you (such as to process payments).
- Resolve any disputes with others on the network.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Communications
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising
- We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
3. Sharing & Disclosure
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
3.1 Sharing between clients.
To help facilitate proposals or other interactions between clients, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other clients, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a company submit a proposal request, certain information about you is shared with the talent. When your proposal is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the consultation, like your phone number.
- When you as a talent have a confirmed the proposal, certain information is shared with the company to coordinate the proposal, such as your full name, phone number, and email address.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other clients.
3.2 Profiles and other Public Information.
The MnP Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Your public profile page.
- Talent Profile pages are publicly visible and include information such as the services, your experience, your availability, your public profile photo, and any additional information you choose to share.
3.3 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights
MnP may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary.
In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that client about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
3.4 Business Transfers
4. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
4.1 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your MnP Account).
4.2 Data Retention and Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations.
Because we maintain the MnP Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. If you know or have reason to believe that your MnP Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your MnP Account, please contact us at email@example.com.
The protection of personal information is of paramount concern to us, and we are prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
7. Contact Us